WHAT IS A TISSUE MINERAL ANALYSIS?
Trace mineral analysis is a test which measures the mineral content of your hair. Mineral content of the hair reflects the mineral content of the body’s tissues. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess within the body, or bio
Examples: If your hair reveals an elevated calcium level two or three times normal, then your calcium level within the body may be elevated also. If this is the case, a strong tendency exists for arteriosclerosis C hardening of the arteries due to calcium placques).
If your calcium level is low, then a tendency exists toward osteoporosis (demineralization of bone), increased tendency to bone fractures, dental caries, periodontal disease, muscle cramps, etc.
Various mineral imbalances, as reveal ed by hair analysis frequently lead to metabolic dysfunctions before any symptoms become manifest.
OTHER CONDITIONS WHICH MAY RESULT OR BE AGGRAVATED BY A MINERAL IMBALANCE ARE:
- Hair Loss
- Thyroid Disturbance
- Prostate Disorders
- Digestive Disturbance
- Musculo-Skeletal Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Skin Rashes
- Emotional Problems
WHY TEST FOR MINERALS?
Minerals are the “sparkplugs” of life. They are involved in almost all enzyme reactions within the body. Without enzyme activity, life ceases to exist. A trace mineral analysis is preventive as well as being useful as a screening tool.
WHO NEEDS A HAIR ANALYSIS?
Anyone who is found ill and no explanation can be found, or when the cause seems to be found bur the therapy is not wholly effective. Hair analysis opens up a whole new vista for the solving of your own particular problem by recognizing your biochemical individuality.
Even if you are not experiencing a severe problem, abnormal changes in body chemistry and nutritional deficiencies may result in early, subtle changes in the body such as:
- White spots in fingernails – indicates a possible zinc deficiency.
- Longitudinal ridging in nails – indicates and iron deficiency.
- Deep grooves across nails – calcium deficiency.
- Stretch marks – zinc deficiency.
- Lock of growth – zinc deficiency.
- Mood swings – possible toxic metal accumulation such as lead, mercury, or cadmium. The above indicators are early signs of metabolic disturbances and may lead to serious problems if left unchecked.
COMMON CAUSES OF A MINERAL IMBALANCE
• Improper diet – such as excessive intake of refined carbohydrates and sugars, strict vegetarian diets or other exclusive diets.
• Taking vitamins and minerals which ore not compatible with your current body chemistry.
• Birth control pills.
• Accumulation of toxic metals from the environment, job or hobby.
• Inheritance of mineral patterns from parents.
Hair analysis is an invaluable screening tool which allows a correct pro gram of diet and supplementation to be designed for each individual’s specific needs. Never before has there been available a metabolic blueprint with such a degree of applicable scientific accuracy.
For further information, see your doctor, or nutritional consultant.